Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wed Sept 14

Wed, September 14
Human beings are so fickle we always want what we do not have. This morning we were packed, beds stripped and ready to go, anxiously waiting for Yana to come release us!  I could hardly get the kids to eat they were so excited.  There was one more chewing out for the water on the floor, but as it was not more than a ½ inch and only on a ¼ of the floor I did not care!  They would not fix it and in an hour after we left it would the like that again so I calmly read my scripture trying to calm my nerves! I did not get to say good bye to Yulia as she was gone. I had mixed emotions about that.
 Many do not know the rocky history we have. When she was in Utah she stayed with us for a couple of night. We took her shopping and we even went to the high school for lunch and a Halloween dance. ( I am sure she was not impressed with school lunch I am not either.) Our problem was after our house fire we were in a very small rental with an unfinished basement though she was in a finished room the rest of the basement was unfinished, and David had just hung a door that morning so it was roughed in around the door. Any way after she left we were told she did not approve of us because of the basement,  it was unsafe and we would not EVER be allow to adopt from her orphanage. So if you remember our first blog the kids told us No and Yulia told us NO but we proceeded anyway knowing we were to come to Ukraine and bring children home. We just did not know if it would be the children we had learned to love!  As I stated before we fasted and prayed for hearts to be softened and the Lord’s will to be done.
  I will always be so grateful she allowed us to stay at the orphanage and even if I was on the hot seat for feeding them ( I had understood through translation I was supposed to) and for taking them too many places while they were in her care.  I pray for her, the closing of this orphanage is so hard on her.
Back to today’s story, after a stop in Tomakovka we finally arrived in Zap. We had to wait for almost an hour for our apt to be ready as I looked around at all the people, noise cars and tall building I was missing my view back in the village and the lack of manmade noise. Actually If I could pick where to stay I would pick Tomakovka  It is  small but because it is the “county seat”  it had a little more prosperity.  There was plenty of fresh food in the markets! Anyway I laughed to myself how fickle humans are!  I want the best of worlds, the country view and peace but the freedom to have a lot of fresh food, and to come and go as I please! One last thing I am missing they had locked us out of the TV room after a couple of day there and I am already wishing there was not TV here. I have rarely had TV in my life, a television and movies yes, but no network access. Now I have to police the TV. I let them be TV zombies tonight. But I have planned a busy day tomorrow. NO couch potatoes tomorrow!!!! I even got to cook for them tonight and wash my dishes in hot water.  We all had bathe, real bathes where you sit down and soak!
Had a hard time getting them to settle down tonight, finally I sent Derrick in the bedroom and sat there to guard the TV.  Thank heavens they fell asleep fast!  What a healing tool laughter is!

1 comment: