Saturday, September 24, 2011

Leaving Ukraine!

I know this is a little over dramatic but today felt one of those movies where there is an explosion and the  heroes are running in front of it! This last week in Ukraine I have not slept much, 2 nights of trains rides and then worry over the embassy paperwork. so but last night I was a bundle of nerve function on adrenalin instead of normal pace. I even yelled at the kid because it took me over 2 hours to settle them down to go to sleep so we could get up @ 3 am. then I finally settle them down and their sister or friend kept texting the kids I did not dare turn off the phone as it is my alarm clock so needless to say another hard night.
      We make it to the airport my 4:15 and while were waiting to even know what line for our 6:45 flight. Ilia disappear for 10 min. He was finally found outside by our driver! As we got through the line to check paper work I had my experience with one last very rude Ukrainian As she scowl over the paper she ask me where is the permission from the parents, and that the Birth certificate is not right "How can you be listed as the mother? '" I explain I have adopted them after another 5 min I demand her supervisor. The Supervisor on the other hand was so kind and even smile at me as he took the paper work into an office. I was so glad when he smiling returned with their passport and important paper work. I was glad to leave on a happier note!
      I thought for how long the day was the kids where so good! I talked with a man from Richmod on the flight from Munich to DC he was so interested  as he as thought about to adopting so I hope he talks his wife into it. I so want to find homes for the children I left that  I love so much!
 Beautiful ending at the airport to see so many people I have grown to love and respect so much and the most wonderful family in the world include my parents, so glad they endured the long drive to come pick us up! So grateful all my kid's friend from the orphanage were there. I know they were so happy to see them all!
    The kids loved looking around "Doma" last night as this the first they have seen it. Ilia unpack so quick! So wonderful to be in the Promise land and among people I Love so much! There is no place like home!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are home. Although I can see your sleep schedule is still back in Ukraine. Take it easy. One step at a time. Give your mind and body some time to acclimate. You've got the rest of your life and beyond possibly with these children. They will not learn it all at once and you won't even know where to start on what needs to be taught. Just breath. You are home. They are yours and even though they feel like little foreign strangers right now, in time they will feel like you've always had them. God bless you my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO good to see you last night! I feel really bad I missed you actually coming out though. :( What a fun way to come home, even if people were a little slow. :) Let me know when you get settled. I would love to get together! Big hugs and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved following your blog! Keep it up. Now comes the fun part!!!

    ReplyDelete