Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gift of Tongues

Wow! Lydia prayed tonight  and I understood almost half of it! I recognized the Russian words and was so touch as she thanked God for the day, for me taking them to school, the market, and to Ilia's football practice. We were more successful in getting Ilia into a soccer league, than them into school . We will be driving  20 miles to Payson, but it was so worth it. I was so rough on the morning routine this morning. But the kids told me they like American oatmeal better then Ukraine ( I do too, we use a little brown sugar they use a lot of salt.) I could not get them to eat it in the Orphanage. we worked on English while waiting for our school appointment. Our school is a small district  with no ESL funding DANG! We hopefully figured out a morning schedule with David and I homeschooling the rest of the day.
    We went shopping for much needed clothes for the kids. It was fun.We went to a second hand store After Ilia got a pair of pants he thought we were done when I keep picking out pant his eyes got big he says his       " OO HOO "expression and we had fun. Of course not a lot of luck there for my dear Lydia's taste but that OK. We then went to buy NEW "football" shoes, and a church dress and shoes for Lydia.
     We then drove quickly to Genola and Payson to see which team we should put Ilia on. David and Derrick were to meet us at Genola with the shinguards, water, and socks The first team was the 13 year old and Ilia would not get out of the car until David got there. David is  late without Derrick, shinguard and socks. I did not behave well and we left. We got to Payson before the team of 15 year old started and meet the coach. Ilia started warming up and the team was a nature fit. We meet a boy who's father speaks Russian and the family is planing to adopt from Ukraine. ( A lesson to show me yet again do not get upset when things do not go my way because  the Lord's plan is so much better)
    Thank you Andreas for warning me Sunday about the price our Bio children face, because my plan we to leave Ilia in Derrick and David hands and come home,  Ilia beg me to stay and after the disaster at the first field I said Yes. My 9 year old was not happy when I called back to explain why I was staying.  I had hurt Derrick when I rudely asked him why  he was not with David.  Boy, I pray to find the right balance in this new dance I am engage in. I have at least have been a parent long enough to know children are forgiving if you are sincere in your apologies.  I really try to live the 5 to 1 rule. (Each negative behavior in your relationship need 5 positive to balance it out!) We ended the day with that sweet prayer and scripture study. Lydia even being  willing to read in Ukrainian  We did not make it to get Russian scriptures as they told me they know Russian better. Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment