Of course today was a wonderful day! Whenever you get to meet with other Saints it is a great day! I wish the children had a lot more Sundays to be able to hear it in Russian. After Sacrament a couple of missionaries tried to do a little lesson. The part about teaching then to pray was good I could feel the spirit, but when they tried to go into the plan of salvation about part way through it I could tell the kids where lost so I stopped the lesson. ( baby steps).
We got passport picture done, and ran across a real bakery where they bake the bread there ( half the time at our little market is out of brad before I even get there!) You should have seen Lydia! She keep smelling and squeezing the fresh warm bread! Derrick was trilled as today we got three warm meals! I am not enjoying them as much because I also taste guilt! Those who know me know even on vacations I work really hard to keep the Sabbath holy. The excuses only make me feel justified, but it is really hard to keep 3 teenagers feed out of a tiny market that runs out of bread before noon! Getting the picture taken was the way I had an excuse to leave the orphanage on Sun to take them with me. I am praying for mercy tonight!
As a new dear friend told me common experiences is what make relationships strong. Between the sweet spirit of church and a lot of laughter today the bonds are becoming stronger! SO grateful for Derrick sacrificing his first quarter of high school to start these important bonds. The price he pays is to do his school online and he does not like that part. When we lose internet he has lost completed papers and even quizzes he started.
This weekend has some tender memories for me not only is it 9/11but 9/10 is the 1 year anniversary of my daughter-in-laws death from breast cancer. So thankful for the peace and comfort of Christ’s atoning sacrifice and his gift of eternal life!
I tried to keep the Sabbath holy too, but my efforts didn't amount to much. I took the girls to church and then we went to a park to have a snowball fight. Not something I'd normally do on a Sunday, but I didn't feel too bad. Masha wanted to go to lunch though and I tried to explain that I didn't want to make people work on Sunday. After the second time of trying to explain it, she just offered to pay for lunch instead of having me pay. By this time I knew she wasn't really understanding and we just went to lunch. :) Honestly, while it's not something I feel just great about, I don't feel too bad either. After all, even the Tab Choir eats on when they are on tour over a Sunday. :)
ReplyDelete