Tuesday ,September 6
We got to the hospital to see Lydia. It was interesting, you cannot walk into the ward, and they sent Lydia out to us. They gave us a name for some medicines to buy for her. All I got from the Dr. was the test look good and something about the kidneys. I asked if one of the medications was an antibiotic with translation I was not sure. Most important to me she said her pain was down to a 4 and by the afternoon it was 0! They still made her stay until tomorrow. We then made a quick trip to Zap to meet Stephanie, have lunch with her and pick up some medication she brought to us. It was wonderful to see her. Then back to see Lydia. The most exciting purchase for me for the day was one of this little metal heater I can plug in and put in a pot to boil water with, for only 11 gr . What a treasure!
I am creating many wonderful memories here. I am also creating some of my most embarrassing. Yesterday at the other orphanage I went to the bathroom and I guess when I unzipped my pant I somehow unzipped my money belt. I do not know how and as I walked out of the bathroom $100 bill started to shower down my leg out my capris One of my sweet new friends who had been guarding the unisexual bathroom for me and I pick them up in front of a huge room of about 50 kids laughing and gasping!!!. Running back in the bathroom we pull the rest out of my pant legs and secure the money belt. My face was so red for about an hour! With time it will become funnier. I will be glad when I am no longer wearing this belt!
Ha! I am laughing out loud! Someday it will be funny....it's already funny over on this side of the world! (But it wouldn't be if you had lost any of those bills!)
ReplyDeleteYour money belt story is pretty funny! It is wonderful not to be wearing a money belt!!
ReplyDelete