Sunday Sept 4
A wonderful day, I do not know if I have ever been so excited to go to church! I have always loved church, and it was wonderful to get out of this Place. It was fast and testimony and there were some sweet testimonies.
Afterwards I have to confess we went shopping ( we were down to some stale bread , a box of Juice, and spoilt cheese.) The kids wanted gifts for their friends. To those who have been here it will not be surprised at the gifts they choose , they bought shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, and toothpaste and of course candy. Then when we got back they started counting and evenly divided the candy taking the plastic bags to make a bag for each of the 13 classmate. Ilia ended up with a new pair of shoes. The new one the orphanage gave him were too tight. It was funny the night before as he tried to tell me, Lydia was arguing with him showing him thy were long enough etc. but I can see how narrow many of these shoes are and his foot is wider.( In fact I noticed many of the kids had deformed toes from too tight of shoes) and maybe she was right and he was just after nicer shoe). But do I care right now? NO so both of them ended up with new shoe she did not ask, would not ask. I watch her; she has been his “mother” doing her best.
Later through Yuri (some of you will remember him a driver who speaks excellent English and drives some for the mission home.) Anyway Ilia, Yuri and I had a good heart to heart about smoking, about how long, how much, etc. Ilia assumed no students back home smokes. I told him some do, so we talked about picking friends who don’t smoke and if he was very hurting trying to quit to tell me and I would help him with patched etc. Later that night I received my first spontaneous kiss from him! Even Yuri smiled as we watched the three of them walk arm in arm down the street. and sleep with their heads on each other on the way back. Life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment