Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday Sept 5


What a Day !It did not start great and ended worse but the middle was very good. I had been promise I could do laundry on Monday but when we got out there ut was not today or I could leave my laundry for them to do. ( Just what I want to do leave my “G” for them to do) So now I not only live in an orphanage I am beginning to smell like one (JUST KIDDING)
 We then went with Yuri to Tomakavko  for  lunch and then off to see the other children. The building was impressive We had been told by the other children how strict and horrible it was. After being there an hour and visiting with the Director I had a very different impression! It will be hard for our children from here to adjust to the difference but it will be good! Here because it is small and rural the children and very close and run all over often  leaving the grounds. Smoking is allowed (or tolerated) openly. There is more structure there. After school “club” they can pick from include singing, dancing, art, basic wood working and three different sporst. The dance club has actually toured to Canada. The children have actually help make the basic furniture there and as the director say because they have helped to create the furniture they treat it better! I about cried when I went I the bathroom they are still unisexual and no toilet seat and no TP but they there were CLEAN ! The director also said of” course children a small number sneak aound the corner to smoke” but not as openly as here or as many and they are really struggling with that! It was grand to see the children, give them their gifts, and play Uno  once again with them. There were lots of hugs and another thousand pic,  that they took of each other.
    Of course I was the most excited to see a certain little boy ( we have at least learned he is “available”) so now we are getting to know each other. It is a good thing I swore on my life that I would only bring home three or I would  be bringing 8 more!
  It ended with Lydia complain of abd pain even with the language barrier I was pretty sure I knew what it was, and was not worried . But here I am not her legal mother yet so they pack her up in the ambulance and sent her and of course would not allow me to go to see her tonight. GRRRRRRRR…..

1 comment:

  1. Hope Lyidia is feeling better soon! Can you email the name of the new orphanage with an address so I can stay in touch??? Please? and thank you. Sounds like you are having quite an experience. When do you expect to be back? It will break your heart to leave those kids but you learn to appreciate your bathrooms after you've been there!!! Be safe and good luck!! you are almost done!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete