Today is court day! Of course we are excited for get to this step of the process. I am grateful for a good night sleep ( for me) There is a lovely breeze coming off the lake and the geese are quiet tonight I think they are better than watch dogs and have honk/quaked so much of the other nights ( I am sure with boys sneaking off) that with only a few of my warriors left tonight it is so quiet. And I have learn which doors to prop open with a shoe as they do not shut or latch well Believe me doors shutting all night long in a orphanage will definitely keep you awake along with the geese and the serious partying that went on the other night!
I truly love being with all kids and learning the ins and outs of being an orphan here. I have decided the other reason you all loved it here. It is the honeymoon of the relationship we spend a lot of time of the playing and just being together. We are not trying to mold them into our society yet! Ilia even let me scrub his feet the other night and he even said thank you I and dying to get him into a real bathtub and soak those feet for an hour. I love how when I handed him clothe I brought for him he smells each one. I and proud the way they wash and hung what they really want to wear up in the windows. Lydia takes good care of us,. working hard to communicate with us.
Not only is our room the hang out room our bathroom is the shower room At first I could not figure why, at least down stairs they have a shower curtain ( the first morning I was tempted to use it but it is next to where all the boys are and I decided I was safer upstairs with no curtain and just my kids) It is the soap and the good smelling AXLE gel Derrick bought for himself. Interesting the only 2 things that have been “pinch” was a sack of candy the first night and my bar of soap. I wish I have one for each one but I am sure these half grown men would not like me giving them a bar of soap as a going away present!
Well there is a beautiful sunrise this morning a perfect start to this great day I better go shower before the cow get into the field!
No comments:
Post a Comment