Thursday, September 08, 2011
This morning I had a scare I went to the bathroom and there was NO Water. Yikes! Yuri had just told me yesterday during a certain watering season they may go for days with no water in the orphanage. They always fill up and store some for those day. I was not prepared. Thank heavens at 7 am the water came back on. Now I have three gallons of non-drinking water prepared for the future!
I had my first Power of Wills with Ilia . I gave each of the kids a chore, his was to sweep the floor ( Lydia usually does.) He angrily told me” no” ( which part of me understand) because their broom is a the short band of twigs and you are bent over the whole time! When he tried to go to the TV room I turned it off and sat in front of it calmly. Later he ran outside when I ask him again, he ran without his shoes. He tried to get Lydia to throw them out the window but I would not let her. I did not want him leaving the grounds. After an hour of English we walked to the market without him and came back with string cheese which I told him he could not have until he swept. Finally at about 1pm he came up and swept for his cheese. I will miss their version of string cheese. The cheese is drier with a smoked taste and it is literally thick strings braided together.
The afternoon was pretty mind numbing boring I finally kicked them out the door. We had soccer balls and cards but they gave all this to their friends at the other orphanage. We walked to the market again for meat for dinner, A very drunk teenager rode by us on a bike and gave us such a funny look with one eyebrow cock so high Derrick and I started to laugh (bad choice) he got off the bike trying to stagger over to us we just keep walking while Ilia told him we were just” dumb American “which we were at the moment. I Usually do not laugh at people but if you could have seen his face it was dang funny!
After dinner the boy were getting pretty hyper in the playing and before something got broke, I locked us out of the room. The kids played tag and had jumping over the tires contest during the dusk hours, It was so lovely, the cool breeze , dusk sky, and the laughter of children. Unfortunately I got caught. I did not do my dishes before I herded us all outside. When we finally came upstairs, Lydia jump in the shower before I gathered up my dishes. The night shift finds me calmly on the computer waiting for the room with the shower and sink.( Messy room again) The boys found a frog brought it and put it in the shower room of course Lydia scream, probably more the door was cracked open than the frog. Cute frog, it squeaks instead of croaking. So glad the day ended better than it started!
Yeah, no water was always fun. I'd go to flush the toilet and it wouldn't. Of course, it was always the times I figured the TP wasn't really going to hurt anything so I put it in there instead of the garbage. *smacks forehead*
ReplyDeleteI hope things get better with the whole power struggle thing. I'm still dealing with a bunch of it. Today isan especially hard day.