Court day part 2
Today at 8:45 was court. I was calm and happy going in thinking I had thought out most of the question the judge would ask me. WRONG! Good thing they did not make me swear an oath to tell the whole truth. Or I would feel worse than I already do. They asked me if I knew Lydia was partly deaf in the left ear. As I started to answer” No” Yana looked at me with big eyes to let me know the answer was YES ( So I am hoping they told me and in my excitement to see them I do not remember) The only other hard questions were about was David. The Home study used the word strict so I had to do a lot of explaining. I did not think the words we describe David with back home would go over well. ( That he looks and sometimes acts like a bear but he is really just a big teddy bear.) After a 5 min wait the brought us back in the court for a….. YES! We will try to get the usually pic posted.
When we got back we celebrated with our picnic lunch. My sad news for the day is the kids are being kept here at the orphanage. There is one other boy left here until Mon. ( I am not totally sure why) so after lunch when my new son ran outside to smoke I suspect ( I think he thinks the Rules we talked about for America are not in effect until America) I laid on my bed thinking the next 10 day will be longer than I anticipated! Tomakovka is a lovely little town! I was so looking forward to being in better living conditions. I even thought about getting on a plane for the next 20 or so day but I believe I am to say here . If I do not the kids will only have each other after Mon ( and the last boy is not one of my” should have been’s”) but we will see. Well, if my kids can tolerate this place for 2 year I better be able to for 10 days! I have made arrangements to go to Zap for church on Sun and Mon we will go to the new orphanage for the kids that left here to visit friends and another special boy in my heart! He just does not know it yet! We finally learned he is at least available. Well, I am off to do my laundry, orphan style!
Wahoo! I'm so glad your court went well. :) Hang in there, friend!
ReplyDeleteIt is truly amazing what one can learn from a Ukrainian orphan. When you talk about "should have been stripling warriors" it makes me so sad because I was there and saw the potential that those kids have. Potential minus opportunity is tragedy. In a way I miss Ukraine. It was a very humbly experience. I learned much about myself. I know that you are having the same experiences now. I am so sorry for those kids. I cannot imagine how they feel to have to leave their "home". There is one darling teenage girl that I cannot get out of my mind. I won't write her name but it starts with "A". I am sure that you know who I am talking about. She seemed so kind yet sad. I believe that she was a mother figure to Pasha. Where did she end up going? Are all of the children going to the same orphanage or are they splitting them up? If that is the case that is terrible. Has the heat been bad? I was dying it was so hot. So you met Sveta? Isn't she cute? She is so nice. I still cannot believe how well so speaks English. Anyway have fun. I am thinking and praying for you.
ReplyDeleteSorry I forgot to mention something. In Tomaskivska there is the yummiest restaurant. It is in the main part of town not far from the courthouse. They have the best ribs I have ever eaten. The salad was also delish. We ate there several times. I wish that I could remember the name of the place. There is a short little squatty older lady that owns it. Tell her hello from her American friends. Yummy, yummy.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I will pass the word on to my kids. If you see Yulia, please tell her, "Hello!" from all of our family. Thanks!!
ReplyDelete