Swimming with jelly fish
I did not blog yesterday as at 2:00 pm Yana said be ready to go get the kids scanned for their passports in half and hour so after a mad dash to Dnipro. (honestly to was the only time driving I have actually been nervous. . He was driving 120 k/hr and the car was really shimming, and then it started to pour rain so the road has ¼ ‘ of rain on it. I just keep praying really praying we would be OK. We were all so tense with the drive and then sitting in the office with all these people trying to get passport. To even be able to go visits other country is very hard for them. Yana tell me because she is single with no children it is very very difficult for her to get a passport to leave the country!
We walk in and because we have money and I am American we get special treatment I was so uncomfortable knowing all this. I felt I could have cut the tense with a knife I know the kids felt it they would not sit by me and actually stood in He would not move with my words/ or motions so I had to just gently move him out of the doorway. They move out of the doorway but stood as close to it as they could.
I had arrange with the missionary to come over for dinner and a lesson . Because of the lst minute blessing of getting them scanned Thursday for passports we were late getting back so I just bought the elders McDonalds . They pick up where the other elder left off with the plan of salvation. Even though I could not understand the words I understood. I could tell be children were so interested in the spirit world because of their parent I was so thrill to watch Ilia ask question about it. Then we watch Finding Faith in Jesus Christ in Russian. Beautiful evening.
Then I made my first BIG communication error because of the language barrier. I ask the missionary to tell Lydia to pack her swimming suit and a few clothe into her backpack so we could leave the big suitcase. She immediately went in the room, so I assumed the deed was done. Then she was in the restroom when they left so she did not see the big suitcase leave with the Elder. So when we got went to leave at 11 pm to get on the train to Crimea she is looking around for her clothes. Of course the elder phone is off at 11 pm so she does not have her swimming suit and only a couple of clothing items in her backpack.
Friday morning Yuri meets us at eh train station and we drive to the coast. We spent the day having a great time ( after wandering around for an hour finding a swimming suit!) the beach is rocky not sand but the water is wonderful, clear , with tons of jelly fish. After being promised they did not sting we played for hours in the water and cover each other in warm rocks up to our necks It is harder to do than sand but it was fun!
I have decide I get the reward for staying in the most unusually places. First the orphanage and now here. We are in a little guesthouse . We eat at a table outside and the shower is in another little building across the yard . It’s fun living with a local instead of a resort. ( beside being too expensive) No TV or computer time allowed!
I'm jealous! I would love to have visited Crimea (or however you spell it.) I'm not so sure I'd have loved swimming with jellyfish though. Being allergic to bees I'm thinking it wouldn't have been good if somebody had been wrong and I'd gotten stung. I hope you got pictures!
ReplyDeleteIt's always something, isn't it. I was really impressed with the beauty of the country of Ukraine. It was a real testament to me of the love that the Lord has for all of His children. I miss our daily chats:) Keep posting. Issues like the t.v. and stuff like that are so much easier when you are home. It's the waiting to be home that is tricky:) Take care!!
ReplyDelete