Friday, September 2, 2011

David is Home

It is nice not having to type on a laptop as I learned on a typewriter and the touch pad is under your hands on the laptop that it leads to disaster.
What an experiences the orphanage was and the Ukraine the beautiful kids abandoned to the care of the state and yet they became a family and Yulia was really a loving mother.  It was apparent that her heart was breaking for the kids and the staff as the orphanage was closing. We should pray that the buildings are used for an old folks home so some or all of the people will  have employment.
 There was a rumor that some of the kids had already runaway from the  new orphanage yesterday but the skype was bad as Deb was trying to tell us about it. So I've just started an unconfirmed rumor so please treat it as such! Maybe Deb can shed further light in her next blog.
The strangeness of the Ukraine for me is somewhat hard to explain the light in peoples eyes and countenances which are common here and so we don't notice it missing in people unless we look for it. Is so apparently missing on the streets of Zapar..and to a lesser degree in Keave. On a bright sunny perfect clear summer day it was dark on the streets there were so few with their lights on; the children being the exception, and as the day turned to dusk the lights nearly went out completely. The few adults thus shined so brightly as to be very noticeable and people that we were involved with inthe adoption were of that number. The Inspector was especially that way, Yana, Yulia, many of the orpahan caretakers so shined.  As a Utahan I am not a fair judge of the US in general, but for me there was such a shortage of children and as a lover of those most perfect creatures I felt deprived unless I was in the orphanage and so I was most content to sit and play UNO game after game.  It was great fun the kids came and went they took turns playing and dropping the skip-turn and draw-4 and draw-2 cards on PAPA. But after lunch as they returned from lunch they brought me bunches of grapes. I don't know if they felt my love but I surely felt theirs but I think they feel so hungry for love we were a feast. Derrick (our son) was the real favorite of the boys and shared so freely He is an example to me.
 I am thankful to God for His hand in this adoption and His answer to our fasting and prayers that hearts would be softened and minds would be opened.  Illia and Lidya's aunt  was one that stands out she asked a few questions and looked at the pictures of our family and poured out a full measure of love on the kids and us. We have been blessed of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment