First day on our own
Well it is only noon and I am not sure what to do with my pouty son. We walked to a little mall played air hokey which he loved but then walked into a toy store. BIG MISTAKE! As with Ilia and Lydia I promised some much money for a memento to talk back to home. ( example Lydia bought a real silver ring and Ilia an Ukrainian soccer outfit) Daniel is looking at remote control cars and play guns. I call Yura to explain to him we cannot take play guns on the plane and the remote cars are too big for our 2 suitcases. I also try to explain as we missed his B-day by a week we will celebrate at home and then those kind of things can be his. But he keeps telling Yura he cannot hear him. So when we walk to the grocery store he is pouting will not help me pick out what he wants for lunch or even a treat. I love it when people cut off their nose to spite their face. He is usually really quite but on the walk home he is muttering to himself. I have been through this before I can tell when they are angry at me and talking out loud in Russian to themselves or each other! Usually I can laugh, glad I cannot understand so I do not get upset but today I am too tired!
Please pray that our Passport are issued Monday we are going to Kiev tomorrow night anyway to keep our first embassy apt and then the Passports need to show up on the Tues train so we can finish and be home Wed night!
D has done this a few times! He'll send himself to bed without dinner to punish us for his poor behavior. It is so funny! But, I remember being by myself in Ukraine for the third time in three months and dealing with the little angels all by myself, yet again, and counting down the seconds until I could be home. We'll pray that you can leave and be home Wednesday. Keep us posted so that we can see you at the airport!
ReplyDeleteAlex did the same thing. He was fine shopping if I was buying for him but if not he was the biggest, sulking baby.
ReplyDeleteIt happened at home for awhile too. I think they think they've made it. They've won the lottery. They now have parents and can everything they want. Alex so wanted an air soft gun in Ukraine. Like you I explained we couldn't take it on the plane. I also taught him the word "crap" as in crappy toys made in Ukraine. Because he wanted every single one he saw!
Hang in there.
So fun to read about your adventures. :) I'm sorry he's being such a stinker. Ira waited until we got home for that. She's doing much better now, but still has spurts here and there. Can't wait to see you! Let me know your flight info!
ReplyDelete