Saturday, March 10, 2012

Run away!

Friday was one of those rough adjusting day !We took Birth certificates etc to get Daniel enrolled in school
 6 th grade. We talked with the principal he stated he would talk with the Superintendent  as Daniel is 13 . He calls me back and say the superintendent believe he should be in 7 so I call him and ask him to met with with Daniel and I . He goes on about how  kids drop out of high school when are  not age appropriate. I ask him to look he looks and behaves like a 10 year old and then and after I have Daniel leave, I  explain Daniel has been in 6 grade in Ukraine, that he is developmentally  more where my 10 year old is not where his 13/14 also adopted siblings are. I explain he is used a class size of 12 with same teacher all day and that he has been at the bottom of the food chain. I will not throw him into JR High to be at the bottom again. Lastly Ilia is doing wonderful but putting the two together may bring out some orphanage behavior..  I don't know if I convinced him or my last line was I would rather home school him than put him in the jungle of Jr high.I did promise to evaluate in 6 months or a year if we would advance him to age appropriate class (  I will be glad to if he has grown up that much in the next year.)
So has any one experience the long term effect of keeping these adopted kids back? My second Daughter had a Aug 25th Birthday I did not send her to school until she was 6 and I NEVER regretted  it!

I am sure he sensed my tension. after the meeting Then we go for a haircut I made a big mistake of not asking him through Lydia or Ilia what he wanted. so it was too short on top and note short enough on the sides so now I have a  pouting,  mumbling child. We get home and he takes off on the Bike before I can say anything Yes he has been with Ilia on the paper route but not off himself. I go to my bike to go with him and it is flat. then I get a phone call from the YW president. I was call to 1st counselor the week I left for Ukraine (guilt guilt) we talked as  I am  watching for him to come back. After  20 min I get in the car to go looking for him, spend another 20 looking for him when I get a call from the Jr high he has gone there I assume to find his siblings. I find him playing basket ball with the coach who tells me he had been riding his bike around the track watching. Of course when he does not respond when yelled at to get off the track when they realize he does not speak English. the put it together who he belong to and call me. The coach tell me he can stay and have PE with the kids ( Not my kids another class) I say no we are not rewarding him. I tell  him Ilia ran away on me the first week he was home. He was surprised, the coach loves Ilia.
We go shopping for clothe so the evening was good until we got home I I tried to explain  to Daniel through translation not to leave like that with out telling me and to stop swearing! I actually  said it firm but nice I had waited hours to calm down. Well he he is upset and tries to stomp down stairs  before prayer ( maybe we should have prayed before the lecture. Well I called him back a little sharply.  Lydia tells me after he was really cussing about having  to pray.  So I go to sleep praying  we can teach him to be grateful for prays , that is why he he is here and why he has what he has. It funny it like giving Birth you forget how hard it is until you are going though it again thinking , Why did I do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment