Well today I met Daniel’s Godparents. They showed up last weekend when they heard Daniel was leaving and again yesterday. I was told after they left. I assured the Director I did want to meet them so they made a third trip today. They were a young couple late thirties early forties. They told me they had held him when he was baptized. They are friends of Daniel ‘s father and uncle. He was born in Moscow His mother is Russian, his father from this region. After returning to this area his mother left the father , with Daniel and took a half and step sister. The father was/is a horrible drinker. But it was reported he has been sober for a year. He left to St. Petersburg to make money to return to adopt him. It has been the Uncle who has visited him here. The Uncle is also now in St Petersburg. Then we showed up to adopt him. I gave them a family picture with email and address so the father can make contact. They stated they felt better after meeting me. They gave Daniel a cross to wear and with tears and hug him and me goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment