Friday, March 2, 2012

Leaving Nikapol



Well it was a cool last day. There was a festival at the school. So we watch students and teachers perform from 3 schools, one of the school was for physically/mentally impaired. It was a great show. Our school (Nikapol) was of course the best! It was good to see a few of the children work hard and really succeed at Dance/song/ band. I was thrilled to see Toma Kola form the old Orphanage in the Band!
We finally left for Dnipro about 1 pm.  We will spend a couple of day here. We had hoped to pick up the passports today but have to wait until Monday. We will actually do our first embassy appt n Kiev and then the passports will be sent on the train to us for Tue Appt. We are praying to leave for home Wed morning!
As I unpacked tonight I about gagged. These shoes that have been worn by so  many boys they stink! I wish they had been truly give as a gift then they could have stayed. But where they had been taken by force and Yura and I agreed they should be return to the owner who received  them as his first B-day present in who know how long! It is interesting. The boy who “took” the shoes has really been hanging around and when we had the “party” and Daniel invited his friends he did not invite him. Now I know why He was always hanging around to know what had been given. ( I had felt bad he had seen me give gifts to the “friends” then he was there when I gave gifts to his 3 roommates so I made a 3rd trip to the store to make him a gift  ( well maybe that was his first gift received by a person giving willing and freely) The whole interdepended relationship  with the orphanage is so mest up. I know there are some good and sweet friendships but honestly a lot of unhealthy ones!
                         Well now we are on our own for a couple of day we see how we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment