Thursday, February 2, 2012

Opposites


   How different this trip is from last trip! The most obvious is the weather first from so hot to so cold, I used to say I liked cold better than hot but that was before Ukrainian cold.  I lost almost 20 lbs. the first trip as in the first orphanage with no fridge, no microwave, or oven and the closest market was a ¼ the size of 7-11. This orphanage feeds us 3 times a day . Thank heaven for this opposite, we have hot water in this orphanage!  This summer we spent hours and days on the road to the inspector, the court, and the orphanage. Now so far everything is within a 10 mile radius! Because of the closing of the first orphan we had 24/7 with Lydia and Ilia which had it pro and cons sometimes we got on each other nerves, with not enough to do and no private space. Now we get 3-4 hours and day and the weekends with Daniel which because of the cold weather I am glad of as it is too cold to go outside much. I do miss from my first trip all the time with all of the kids. Sunday we got to spend a few hours with 4 of our old friends! We have seen a few more in passing. But there are more I am dying to wrap my arms around! We are treated like royalty by the Director and his wife. Last time I was lectured weekly by the Director. Yup very different trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment