Well I am sitting in an airport waiting for a couple more hours before I head back to Ukraine to finish the adoption of Daniel. Two years ago I never would have believed how different my, and my family life is!
For ten years I have waited, believed there was a boy, a son waiting to come to our home! But I wanted to do it my way. I wanted to have the child biologically. I did not want to adopt. When 5 years ago I had to face the fact it was adoption that was going to bring this child to our home I still put a condition to that I WOULD NOT adopt from a Slavic country. ( I am not kidding I said those actually word to my husband!) The lord was patient he waited 3 more years and after our home burned down and I was I guess a lot more teachable. My heart was finally open to adopt not only that little boy but two more children as well.
. My heart was so full Thursday night when we had a translator and the missionary over to teach and see If Ilia was ready to receive the Priesthood. It was amazing to realize how far we have come. Yes, we had a translator there but. I realized it had been almost 2 months since we had needed a translator on a regular basis! The children were so quiet and listening so carefully. They even admitted to would be easier now to read their scripture in English not Russian! Ilia is eager and excited to receive the priesthood.. He was so tender this morning as he made me wake him up to say good bye at 4 am this morning as he hugged me goodbye he said “mom I love you so much”. Lydia and Ilia are a cool/wonderful bonus as I have waited for this last child.
Of course because I am female I worry about this last child will he be as easy of a transition. If is funny both David and I knew in our heart this child was “special needs” But What I imagined as special needs is a different kind of special need . I imagine a child with Mental or Physical challenges but what we received were children with Cultural and language , and spiritual needs. Life is good, we are happy!
So Here I sit to waiting to make this last trip to bring Daniel home!
No comments:
Post a Comment