Saturday, August 20, 2011
Lost in space
As things go when I touch the lap top I had a page typed and I touched the touch pad and zipped off into the eather and can't find the saved draft so here I go again and my loss of temper has driven the spirit away. By the way I'm David not Deb. I had been writing about the feeling that I had when I woke up this morning. After a long yesterday this is a day of thanksgiving to God for his having opened the windows of heaven and poured out his blessings. I feel a huge need for guidance to continue this new adventure with God that is now moving ahead after feeling stalled for so long. Sometimes I feel like an old plow horse I head down a furrow and just keep going without looking up or listening to His gee and haw. I was looking up in gratitude this morning and feeling the need for guidance I started to pick up the scriptures and there was the Nov. 2010 Ensign (you will have to read the issue to figure out the talk I was reading) Everyone needs to read it who needs greater faith and knowlege of His plan for each of us as individuals. "how you deal with life's trials is part of the development of your faith,..The Lord declared "I will contend with him that contendeth with Thee and I will save thy children."" Such a wonderful promise given in Isaiah 49:25. And in the begining of the talk I found the answer to why He brought us to this place "All the future holds in store for each sacred child of God will be shaped by his or her parents, family, friends, and teachers, Thus, our faith now becomes part of our posterity's faith later." We are here to teach these children faith In God Our Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I have always known that we will succeed in the adoption or we would not have come to this place He does not send us on Idle missions and with Him all things are possible so don't let your faith falter he will make it so, hang on, be faithful in keeping the commandments, do all you can and He will make up the difference. After all God promised it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How very true. I knew that before I started on this adventure, but I have gained such a deeper understanding of it this last year.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the rest of the process! Any hints on when you might get a court date?
Amen, amen! Great post. Hopefully you guys found church! I so wish that I was there right now. I'm excited that things are moving along for you guys. Have fun:)
ReplyDelete