Friday, August 26, 2011

Fireworks! Friday Aug 26

There were fireworks tonight in Zap! A prefect and fitting ending for this Day! I can not find the words to express the joy  in my heart today! I have prayed for months that we could stay near the children so we could spend every day with them It will be more primitive but worth it!.My second answered prayer started today. From the very day we decided to adopt Lydia and Ilia I said OK we will, but we will be bringing one more child,a little boy, have been waiting for  almost 10 years now. I am not posting pic or his name as those of you who have been here know you don't tell until things are worked out. Because the children are being moved Monday they are changing orphanages, district, etc . it is very complicated. We may even have to start on ground Zero with a Dossier ( I hope not). Our joy had a bitter sweet moment today. We were with all the children as they were told of their impending move in 3 days. as you can imagine there were tears and pain ,though most of them took it very stoic as they have learned they have no control over their lives. I hope our being there was helpful as we then spent the rest of afternoon burning songs from Derrick Laptop to their i pods, phones ect. playing card ,sharing food, hugging and trying to love and comfort them. We watch a few of the children with big hearts try to reach out to the other. I just wished I could take them all home with me. It is funny just this morning I was thinking, wondering why so many of you said you wished you were coming back with us I was trying to figure our why, Yes there are many things I love about Ukraine but  nothing so amazing I would take the next plane back, but now I know, it is these children! IT is the CHILDREN!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!

    Congratulations!! I have met a lot of those boys at that orphanage. I am excited to find out more details...they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited to find out who the boy is also! What a blessing for one more child to have a home!

    ReplyDelete