Friday, August 19, 2011

Answered Prayers

What a long day! We drove the hour to pick up the kids and then back tracked, and drove 3 more hrs. to visit their sister! We meet a very stony faced sister who would not look me in the eye.She told us she was going to get guardianship of the children,  I told her I did not want to take the children away but add to their family, after 1 hour still very stony and painful, then there was a phone call to an Aunt and cousin who came to meet us.  The Aunt asked a lot of questions, we looked at pictures and talked more, finally  the Aunt told the children they should come with us but the sister  said it was the children' s choice but she would not look at us or smile or encourage. So we started the 4 hour trip back.  From the start Ilia  said he wanted to come but Lydia is scared! So  we talked and talked on the way back. Ilia asked why we picked them and if I would adopt a friend the way David H adopted Kola and then his friend, I explain if I felt in my heart I would but not just because! So we talked about our love and conviction  about them being right. then there was a phone call from the sister saying she would supported the children coming  with us! With her Sister blessing  Lydia  said Yes!  I told her to list all the reasons she wanted to come and all the reason not to come What a long talk! Twelve hours later we are closer to being the parents to 9!

2 comments:

  1. That is great news! So glad things are progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!!! I'm still praying for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete