Hi the other half is on tonight so Deb is gone to bed. We are getting closer to the launch date please pray that Homeland Security will quickly assign a case worker and that the paperwork will go smoothly. We have heard that SDA is moving to another location in Ukraine and that it could foul up the process we need to get there quickly.
On the home front it is getting close to completion I'm finishing the tile work this week and will start the electrical trim this weekend and hopefully hang lights next week. Deb and the kids are working on the paint touch up now, and that was a hard two week project to prep and paint the whole house even with a commercial airless paint sprayer it was not worth it in time or money. The flooring on the other hand has gone well and the tile will be ready to grout by tomorrow or Monday. We had hoped to be finished by the 15th of May but more likely the 21st.
Then Debbie can leave for Ukraine, Derrick and I will fallow in a week if we can afford it and I'm not moving in to the new house while she fetches the kids home. Again we need those prayers that all will be ready to send before the 21st.
Debbie has talked some about what a miraculous path we are on to find our children. After the third IVF failed I said "If the Lord has more children for us he is going to have to drop them in to my lap." I was so upset when the third attempt failed. When we found that most adoption faith based agencies didn't consider LDS to be Christian and disqualified us, then I was too old, and Debbie wouldn't think of Eastern European adoption so I just reverted to the "let the Lord drop them in my lap" and slowly the Idea faded for me. I know anything of great value to you requires work on your part. We were worried about our Moms and Dad needing a place as they aged, we chased our tail more than a few rounds trying to find a solution. I couldn't find a way to renovate either their home or ours that worked. We prayed and fasted and searched and prayed as we had about the children that we felt were missing. I've been told to be careful what you pray for; HE has answered many prayers in my life and some he is still helping me work out the answer. Mostly they sort of ease in to my life and I have to look and listen carefully to even know the answer came.
I think HE has a sense of humor and decided to put a bunch in one pile and let us dig them out of the tangle.
We prayed 1) & 2) above 3) that the kids would adjust quickly to our new ward alignment, 4)that the new callings would be as easy as the old ones, 5) that I would find new employment, 6)that the new roof the kids and I were putting on the house would work out well and be finished before the weather got too hot, 7)that I would find a comfortable place in the High Priest Group sense I only knew 3 of them, 8) that Deb would rekindle her old friendships and have a new calling not cub master.... ... ...I'm tired of counting and I'm sure that you are bored by now. Well HE got our attention with the smoke and fire July 30 at 9:57 AM God opened the windows and poured out blessings that we could not hold them all.
After the initial trauma we began to see the blessings, even though we were over whelmed and exhausted it was like camera flashes at a wedding blessings were all around us. Then after a month or so we took a minute to think of what the kids wanted rather than NEEDED and sweet Delanie; 16yrs, wanted and needed a piano to have music back in her life (Go back and read Deb's post).
Sense the tragic house fire we have been blessed to build a home with bed rooms for 3 more kids and the kids to fill the beds are coming home soon,a suite for the wheel chair bound, and so much more we are knee deep in miracles and blessings.
I know if you have a tragedy in your life look and you will see the blessings pray that you might find them and you surely will see great blessings and maybe a miracle. WE HAVE
Wow! You guys are such a great example of perspective and faith. Your story is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing from your side of things, too. We hope you get your approval soon so that you can start writing the rest of this story:)
ReplyDelete