Sunday, April 17, 2011
Adoption vs pregancy.
A lot of people have compared the travails of adoption to pregnancy. As I was fasting again today I was thinking with pregnancy you get to eat more but with adoption I keep fasting and praying for fingerprints to get back , for the right people's hearts to be soften. for all to go well! It is so exciting to watch all these families come home with their children. I was never a patience soul but I am trying to learn it that even though I want to leave tomorrow for Ukraine it is all in the Lords hands. We do are part and trust his time line. We have been waiting 9 years for our children I will just have to wait a few more days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hang in there. I remember being there vividly! But now I am two days home with my kids. I can't believe it is finally over because it does seem like just yesterday and every SINGLE Sunday I was fasting for the same things. It will work out and it will work out exactly as Heavenly Father wants it to. I was so aware of that while I was in Ukraine. Hang in there. We are praying for you!
ReplyDelete*hugs* In a lot of ways I decided this journey was a LOT harder than being pregnant. Even though I still might prefer adoption's "harder" to throwing up 2 or 3 times a day for weeks, in some ways, I wouldn't. :) I'm praying for you!
ReplyDeleteJoseph Smith said that it is not wisdom that we should have all knowledge at once presented before us; but that we should have a little at a time; then we can comprehend it.
ReplyDeleteWhen you are through all of this, and turn around when your adoption is through, you will see how/why/when/where everything happened the way it did, and know exactly what you said: You are in the Lord's hands.
Grrr...I hate to "hurry up and wait!" I feel your pain.
ReplyDeleteAnd as much as we know this is in His time and not ours, it seems that every.single.day in an orphanage is one less day of being in family and feeling love, happiness and hope.
Hang in there. Remember pregnancy took nine months and we're only six months out from our hosting time. Perhaps in the next three you'll get them here?
Much love,
W