Sunday, October 2, 2011

First week home!

If I put the good of the week and the hard on a scale the good would definitely out weight the hard! Still lot of hugs, laughter, and a lot of new first for the kidss.....foods, American school, etc.
      The school was finally ready for them on Thursday. Delanie and Derrick took turns staying with them, and I stayed with them Friday per their request ( they do not know it is not cool to have your mom at school with you ) When I ask about Monday, Lydia wants  me to come but Ilia is telling her they can do it. I think as long as Derrick stays with them for Math, the rest of the classes they will be fine! Friday in PE they played "football" so now Ilia has a lot of admirers. Lydia did the first day.
     Friday night some boys came over to invite  Ilia for the homecoming football game! I had to bite my tongue to not ask for 3 reference  I did ask for parents and grandparent names though. This is harder than your bio children whose friends you pick when they were tiny! All the children went and a great time was had by all. I was grateful for a few calm moments!
     I have only been away from them to got back to work Wed and Thurs. Actually the person having the hardest time is me. I am struggling to get a routine with the  household and needing to teach them more about the way the family need to function.
     Saturday we all load up , including Grandma , Grandpa, and grandchild to watch Ilia football game only to find they had frozen the roster and because he was not listed the Ref would not let him play. I am hopeful to resolve this Monday! Ilia took the disappointment well. I just wanted to go but one small car load stay with him to watch per his coaches request. The fun note, on the other team Holbrooks showed up with Danny and Brandon it was so  great to see them!

2 comments:

  1. I about died when Tyler told me you were there. I had stayed behind thinking that I'd have a little break, when really, it would have been a break to be able to sit and visit with you!! Sad I missed you:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also very disappointing for Ilia to not be able to play. Poor kid. Poor mom that had to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete