Yesterday was my Birthday and I would rate it as a great one! The night before Ilia was trying to convince me he should stay home from school for my birthday.Ha Ha! Early Tues we had skyped a little boy in Ukraine through a good friend and finally ask him if he would like to be adopted. He said YES, a good early birthday present! What is even better is Lydia and Ilia are excepting this well. You have to understand at the old orphanage no one would give a a good report on him or say they liked him! Which is part of the reason we are doing this in two trip. One to give Ila and Lydia a chance to adjust to the ideal we are adopting him and adjust to America. Mostly for David and I to pray and pray that Eger , that is his Ukrainian name but we are all already call him Daniel ,his America name, really was the one because of his old principal and teachers opinion of him. The Lord has reassured me he judges on the heart ! As I speak with his new principal I am getting good reports.. It is interesting how a new environment and a different pecking order can help a person's behavior. He also has importance because he relays messages to my kid's friends. Of course I like to think my friendship and believing in him helps also!
Back to Wednesday. Usually Wed are my lest favorite work day. It is the day I am on call for 24 hour so usually I work about 10 to 12 hours. I only worked 6 1/2 . My married daughter cooked an amazing dinner for all of us ( with my parents this is a crowd of 12) And when I did not get called in for a possible hip fracture, my mom treated us all to the movie Dolphin Tale! I rarely go to movie now days but this one is a must see! We finished with my favorite dessert, peaches and cream ( it is kind of a cheesecake my daughter makes) The kids were so proud of the gifts they helped David pick. Of course my children are my greatest gifts!!!! I am not a big gift person but my joy was watching them enjoy this birthday!
So fun! Happy Birthday!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Debbie,
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!! Sounds like a good one and we are sending our wishes that you will have many more.