Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!  I love the family gathering, the food, and the general attitude of being thankful. Of course I am the most thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his gospel, the plan of salvation given to us by a loving Father in heaven and the most important part of that plan, FAMILIES! I am so grateful for each member of my family. With mine, yours and our, we now have 9 and by Feb will have 10! Dawn and Michael, David's oldest live in Phoenix AZ. Desiree her husband and little girl Zoey live here in Nephi, It is such a blessing. Desiree help us out with Ilia and Lydia! ( we still can not leave them alone together for the fighting) Lydia and Des are becoming as closed as her BIO sisters. Denae is in her Senior year at Weber State University. Lydia loves to go visit her! Delanie is our Senior this year and is exceptional  to help out with  her crazy schedule and college classes. I will cry when she moves out next year! Derrick is turning  from a boy to a young man (except when he is teasing or being teased by his new siblings!) Dannalee is working hard to adjust to  more sibling who think she is too little for much of anything  especially to be included except for the teasing!     Lydia and Ilia  seem to be attaching well. They are affectionate and very open about their past. They are loving the missionary's' lesson and think they want to be baptized in December and as much as I want them to be I am not sure they understand enough YET!
We struggle with" It's not fair" or" it so and so turn to do that" Of course they where never taught to control frustration or anger but Ilia's is very easy to get to calm down.. I think other than the fighting with each other and Derrik the swearing is the worst problem. Of course I miss the swear word but my kids do not. We are doing better with disciplining the fighting but. The swearing is the biggest problem because I don't catch it  Any words of wisdom? On the practical side How do I get their SS# I have Ilia "green" card and  Lydia's finger print now what should I do?

1 comment:

  1. hello, friend! with danny we hoped that he would 'follow suit' and stop swearing on his own, which he did a little. except when he was mad. after being called a lovely name waaaaaay too many times, i called him on it. i told him that i knew what he was saying, that i understood his russian and that i did not appreciate it. if he called me that again, i would wash his mouth with soap. later tyler followed up with a conversation. he asked danny if we called him bad names even when we were mad, of course we don't. he asked danny if he heard us swearing when we were upset or frustrated, of course he doesn't. tyler asked him to not say those words because it hurts us as a family. he asked him to help us make our family stronger by saying good words. i can honestly say that he has only called me a you-know-what once since then and overall his swearing has nearly stopped. knock on wood. it is a hard habit to break. with the younger one, a good old fashioned mouth washing did the trick. things sound like they are going great and you sound good and happy which is important:) take care and keep in touch!!! you are a rockstar!! any word on a new travel date??

    ReplyDelete